We also brought goodies to share. That is always a plus. We even discussed a Mystery Book Club Cookbook. :)
We all read any books off of the list that we wanted and then shared with the group. I thought I would share the titles that the members read with you. It may give you some ideas for your next book to read.
I read A Demon Summer by G.M. Malliet. I talked about it last week.
I also started and am currently reading Queen of Hearts by Rhys Bowen. This book won Best Historical Fiction under the Agatha Awards.
Here are some of the books read by the MBC members.
- Ice Shear by M.P. Cooley: nominated for Best First Mystery/Anthony Award and Best First Novel/Barry Award
- Invisible City by Julia Dahl: nominated for Best First Mystery/Anthony Award and Best First Novel/Barry Award
- Truth Be Told by Hank Phillipi Ryan: nominated for Best Mystery Novel/Anthony Award
- The Marco Effect by Jussi Adler Olson: Nominated for Best Novel/Barry Award
- I Am Pilgrim: by Terry Hayes: nominated for Best Thriller/Barry Award
- Dry Bones In The Valley by Tom Bouman: winner Best First Novel by an American Author/ Edgar Awards
- January Thaw by Jess Lourey: nominated Left Award for Most Humorous Mystery/Left Coast Crime Awards
- The Good, The Bad and The Emus by Donna Andrews: nominated Left Award for Most Humorous Mystery/Left Coast Crime Awards
- Wink Of An Eye by Lynn Chandler Willis: nominated for First Best P.I. Novel/Shamus Award
- The Martian by Andy Weir: nominated for First Best Novel/Thriller Awards ( movie is in the works based on this book)
- The Devil In The Marshalsea by Antonia Hodges: 2014 Historical Dagger Award, nominated for New Blood Dagger Award
- The Final Silence by Stuart Neville: nominated for Best Mystery/Edgar Award
There. Maybe you have a favorite author in the list or try someone new. All of the MBC members liked their choices. Good reads for summer!