Adsense

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hi fellow mystery readers. Yep, I have been absent for a couple of weeks. Vacation and then that work thing....

Just finished the latest China Bayles mystery: Death Come Quickly by Susan Wittig Albert.
I have read all of the China Bayles books. This is #22.

http://www.abouthyme.com/China/index.shtml
 
This story will grab you in the first couple of pages. It is very intriguing and I learned a few things that I did not know.

The story begins with Karen Prior (a friend of China's) meeting  someone (we don't know who) in a back parking lot. (probably not a good idea) She is hoping to obtain some information on a 15 year old murder unsolved murder case that her students are making a documentary film on.

Well things do not go well. Of course there is a lot more to the story. Cover ups and art fraud to name a few.

I learned a lot of things I did not know about trials, judges, and attorneys about what goes on behinds the scenes. Very interesting. 

Each chapter has a paragraph about a particular herb courtesy of China - she owns an herb shop. Those are always interesting too.

These stories typically take place in Central Texas and much of the description and references are familiar to me, so that is always fun.

The bonus to the China Bayles books are recipes at the back of the book. And you can actually make them and they taste good.  For instance, "China's Taco Casserole" and "Cass' Shrimp, Pasta and Rose Petals". I plan on trying them both but probably will leave out the rose petals. :)  There are several other recipes too.

The link to this mystery series is above. Have a look.

On to my next mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment