Adsense

Monday, March 2, 2015

Checking in...

As I mentioned 1 1/2 weeks ago, my next book is Natchez Burning by Greg Iles.

It is our April book for our Mystery Book Club. I can safely bet there will be quite a discussion about this book.

I am on page 217 of 791, so I won't be ready to "report" on it for awhile yet.
I wish I could just sit and read books all day, but my guess is, my full time job won't allow that. :(

I already have one word to describe this book.  I don't think I have ever thought of one word to describe a book. I will save it until I finish.

I will say I probably wouldn't have chosen this book to read on my own. Just not the type or length of book I typically choose. But that is the great thing about belonging to a book club. You are introduced to a variety of books, styles, and authors. Even though our group reads mysteries, there is a great variety of mysteries.

I found this interesting article about Greg Iles; how a tragedy influenced his writing of the book and influenced his decision to make the story a trilogy.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/life/2014/05/05/tragedy-changed-greg-iles-book-natchez-burning/8712971/

Natchez Burning

No comments:

Post a Comment