Adsense

Saturday, November 26, 2016

On to the holidays....



We are just wrapping up the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S. Cooked a lot, ate a lot, cleaned up a lot. Just finished making turkey soup out of what is left of the turkey. I almost couldn't find the wishbone. Do you save it, then with another person, each make a silent wish, break it and whoever gets the biggest piece, gets their wish? I don't know if it works. I have been breaking the wishbone since I was a kid. We still do it. I never remember what I wished for, so I can't say if the wishes come true. :)

Did not go shopping on Black Friday. Nope. Never have. Never will. But, I did do some online shopping on a Facebook Small Business Black Friday party. Much less stressful. And much more fun than going to a store with all those people.

Couple of things of interest:

SHERLOCK SEASON 4 PBS January 1 2017. Three episodes. YAY!

Facebook Holiday Fun: I have participated in a couple of holiday themed Facebook parties in the past year. Last Halloween and this Halloween. Fun way to get introduced to more authors and win books or gift cards. Here is one coming up that you may want to check out:

CANDY CANE CAPER BOOK CLUB December 5 1 a.m.-12/9/16 11 p.m. PST
Hosted by Kathi Daley. Kathi writes cozy mysteries and has several series.
Here is one with a Christmas theme and the name of the "party".


You should be able to search the title in FB if you would like to "attend". Or just check out Kathi's books.

Hallmark Movies and Mysteries will be showing many, many holiday themed movies starting now through December. (None of the them look like mysteries though. :/)

Last and best: Will be having our December Mystery Book Club holiday get together in a couple of weeks. We will bring goodies to share, books to share and talk about our favorite books of the year. I will share that list with you after we meet.

Got a couple of books going, so will share those soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment