Adsense

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

2015 "Staff Picks"

Looking for something to read this summer? 

Here is a list of "Staff Picks" from my local library for mysteries. I have read several of these books. but they all sound good. The full list can be found at the link at the end. I will just mention a few that I have read.



1.  Destroyer Angel by Nevada Barr. We read this in the mystery book club earlier this year, There's a good book to take with you if you are camping this summer....not. Very suspenseful.

2. How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny. 9th book of the Chief Inspector Gamache series. All of the books in this series are good.

3. A Fatal Winter: A Max Tudor novel by G. M. Maillet - English village mystery, I have read several in this series and enjoyed them all.

4. Defending Jacob by William Landay - this will leave you wondering at the end.

5. Don't Ever Get Old by Daniel Friedman - humorous and a good mystery

6. Gone Girl by Gillian Flyn -psychological thriller and a motion picture

7. As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust: A Flavia de Luce novel by Alan Bradley. I haven't read this particular book but have read several of the Flavia de Luce books and really enjoy them. They remind me of one of my favorite books as a child, "Harriet the Spy". Flavia is always where she shouldn't be and gets in the middle of a mystery.

Also on this list are other authors I have read but not the specific book are Elly Griffiths, Tana French, Judith Flanders, Patricia Cornwell, and Lee Childs.

My bet is all of these are worth reading. Have a look.

http://library.austintexas.gov/book-list/mystery-and-suspense





No comments:

Post a Comment