Adsense

Friday, October 12, 2018

Featuring on (some) Fridays - a Blogger and a Facebooker

I decided I will continue "Featuring on Friday", a post I did in the summer each Friday. I found myself thinking, "Oh I need to talk about this author or this person or collection."

Thinking woman in pop art comic style with speech bubble for your text Stock Vector - 43645205


For my first fall feature, I want to introduce you to a Blogger I follow and really like and a person that has a website and Face Book page solely dedicated to cozy mysteries, that I follow.

First my blogger friend.

.

Kay's Reading Life is written by my Mystery Book Club leader, Kay. 

She was the librarian at our local branch of the library. She continues to keep our MBC going and also participates and helps out with another book club at the library. Kay has been blogging for several years. She shares mostly mystery books but occasionally some other books. She reads a lot of books and listens to audio books, so she always has interesting books to share. 

Kay also talks about books she is looking forward to reading in her Waiting On Wednesday posts. Her Guppy Book of the Month, features books she receives each month from her live auction win at Malice Domestic this year. In Bookish Nostalgia, Kay shares books she read along time ago that most of us have read too.

Kay knows all about book festivals, book events,  book web sites (she introduced us to Stop Your Killing Me- check it out), and book stores all over. She can tell you what author wrote a book if you describe it to her. She knows everything Books!

Check out her blog at:

https://kaysreadinglife.blogspot.com/

Next I want to let you know about Marie who has a great website and Facebook page called A Cozy Experience.  See below for the links.

I ran into Marie's page on FB when I popped up as something I might like, because I posted about books some.

A Cozy Experience

About: "A site for cozy mystery book lovers! Book reviews, blog posts, and giveaways relating to cozy mysteries". Marie posts reviews about cozies she reads but she also has "launch parties" on FB for authors of cozy books. They last about an hour and feature one or more authors. There are several posts in the hour that the author(s) participate in. Marie asks questions of the authors such as tell about the latest book, what are your writing habits, etc. and has opportunities for giveaways. They are really fun parties. This week she featured Design for Haunting with author Sybil Johnson and A Crafter Knits a Clue by Holly Quinn. They are a lot of fun.The first FB Cozy Experience party I attended was for Julie Mulhern and I won an ebook. Yay me! It was no surprise to see she works in Marketing Technology. Marie is putting together book parties for 2019, so if you are an author and would like her to feature your cozy book mystery, or you are a reader that loves cozies, you can follow her or get in touch with her below. The website has several categories: Blog with Cozy Fun, Just for Authors, Book Club, Book Reviews, Blogging Fun. About Let's Work Together Shop
Check out her sites. Lots of info and lots of fun.
https://www.facebook.com/cozyexperience/ Website: https://cozyexperience.com/ Authors: https://cozyexperience.com/partner/




2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my blog here, Gayle! Would love to invite your readers over to join mine - well, when I come back from my blog break on Monday that is. LOL

    Marie's blog and parties sound great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you will recognize her if you check out her website. Looks like she did some interviews at Malice Domestic.

    ReplyDelete