Adsense

Monday, December 16, 2019

Best of 2019

It is a busy time of year isn't it? Even if you don't decorate much, or bake, or shop a lot, somehow it sure is busy. I am looking forward to some down time coming up which for me means more reading time. :)




We had our last Mystery Book Club meeting of the year almost two weeks ago. We don't read a book for this last meeting of the year, but share our favorite books of the year, bring books to share and bring snacks to share. We had quite a spread! All so good.

I want to share the book clubs favorite picks. Interestingly, there were several non fiction books that people really liked, not just mysteries. Let's see if I can force the list I made to send out to the members, into this post.

First I will tell you my favorites:
Turn of the Key, Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware: We had read In a Dark Dark Wood last year I think which introduced this author to me. I really like her books. These three books all have a house in them. I like spooky house stories.

Trust Me: Hank Phillip Ryan: This was also a new author for me and I really liked this book.

Need to Know: Karen Cleveland: Another new author. I really liked this book also and plan on reading the next book.

Here are the group picks. They are in no particular order.


China Thrillers  -  Peter May
Phryne Fisher books – Kerry Greenwood
Lena Jones Books – Betty Webb
Tracy Crosswhite books – Robert Dugoni
The Ruin (Cormac Riley #1) – Dervla McTiernan
The Scholar (Cormac Riley #2) – Dervla McTiernan
The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane – Lisa See
The Island of Sea Women –Lisa See
Maybe You Should Talk to Someone – Lori Gottlieb
Lock Every Door – Riley Sager
The Mystery of Three Quarters (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #3) – Sophie Hannah
Death in a Desert Land (New Agatha Christie #3) – Andrew Wilson
Wish You Well – David Baldacci
Wolf Pack (Joe Picket #19) – C.J. Box
Complete Short Stories of Mark Twain – Mark Twain
People Power and Profits – Joseph Stiglitz
One Step Behind (Kurt Wallander #7) – Henning Mankell
The Huntress – Kate Quinn
The Code Girls – Daisy Styles
A Better Man (Inspector Gamache #15) – Louise Penny
Love and Death Among the Cheetahs,  Victory Garden – Rhys Bowen
Lady in the Lake – Laura Lippman
Becoming – Michelle Obama
Where the Crawdads Sing – Delia Owen
Blow Out – Rachel Maddow
Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI – David Grann
Tell the Wolves I'm Home – Carol Rifka-Brunt
Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake #1) – Rachel Caine
The Laws of Human Nature – Robert Greene

Have a great holiday, whatever you celebrate. 




No comments:

Post a Comment