Adsense

Monday, August 24, 2020

Couple of things to share

 I'm posting this with a heavy heart...

Pin on sun smiley faces, emojis

As much as I love reading and books, it takes up too much of my time and I am struggling to keep up with the everyday basics such as cleaning and maintaining my home, so something has to give. I will be re-homing my collection.

Please don't ask any questions as I can't handle talking about it.

Below is a list of what's available. All FREE of charge, but to good homes only. Serious inquiries only please.

Thanks for reading and understanding...

1. Dustpan and brush
2. Sponges
3. Dusters
4. Mop and bucket
5. Window cleaner
6. Vacuum cleaner
7. Dishwashing liquid
8. Laundry detergent
9. Fabric softener
10. Laundry baskets
11. Toilet brush
12. Cleaning sprays
13. Scrubbing brushes


As a book lover, did that get you for just a minute? I have seen it on social media and thought it was funny.

Another thing I came across was a post (from a person in one of the online book groups I belong to), about her book subscription box that she had received from Strand Bookstore in New York. She had a picture and it looked so wonderful. Not only did she get some books but also some miscellaneous items and COFFEE. The deal is the contents of the subscription boxes are SURPRISES. You pick out the genre you are interested in and if you want a one time box, a year of boxes (4) or continuing. Here's the scoop:
There main location is at Broadway and 12th in NYC. They have new books, vintage books, merchandise, virtual author events etc. etc. 

Under Books and Media, choose Book Hookup. Within the body of the description there is a FAQ link.

Book HookUp Box

You can choose from 9 different genres.
Fiction, Young Adult, Art/Photography, Feminist Literature, Political Nonfiction, Mystery and Suspense, SciFi and Fantasy, Little Readers, and Classics.

I signed up for one. Guess which one? I am excited. Fun thing to do while the stay at home continues. Ugh. Not that I was out and about so much, but we are still not able to work in the office, which included talks with friends face to face, lunches, celebrations, not able to have face to face book club or genealogy club (glad to have online meetings) or the yearly vacation to visit family out of state. After the early days of ordering toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and cat supplies online, time to order something fun. I think these would make great gifts too.

I will let you know how I like it. 



4 comments:

  1. Gayle, you mean you aren't seriously giving away your laundry baskets and toilet brush? LOL

    That surprise box from The Strand looks like fun. Hope you get some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bribe myself every weekend like a kid - if you do this and that cleaning, you can read your book. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete