Adsense

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Checking in

 How are you doing? I believe we are right at six months of this stay at home, masks, etc. Wow. No one thought it would last this long. 




I did take an extra few days off with our holiday last week and we got out and about some. Meaning we got in the car and drove about 50 miles with our masks, disinfectant wipes and just looked around. We were surprised that i.e. Starbucks was still only drive through, Chik fil A was only drive through. We were leery of going it to eat anywhere actually. Finally on Monday we got brave and went into a restaurant to eat. No one at surrounding tables, all masks except to eat etc. 


Meanwhile, don't forget Van der Valk starts on Masterpiece Sunday 9/13/20 at 8 p.m. central time that is.

I am currently listening to All the Devils Are Here by Louise Penny. Always so good. 

I am currently reading Murder Forgotten by by Deb Richardson Moore - an ARC of the book that comes out 9/18/20. It is very good and will post here soon. I would finish it tonight but there is a college football game on that I am going to watch.

I also have a couple more books on my table; The Widows by Jess Montgomery for our Mystery Book Club for October,  and a couple three other "read and reviews" for October.

I participated in a "help me write" small group. An author I have followed for her woman's literature series with a supernatural twist, asked if anyone on her mailing list wanted to participate in her "help me write" group for the prequel she was working on. There were four of us that took her up on the offer. She would send out a chapter or two and sometimes ask specific questions, sometimes general, for our opinion about the characters, the flow, the plot etc. We just finished that up this weekend. She actually took some of our ideas and incorporated them. It was a lot of fun.

What I am most excited about for this week is I received a notice that my MYSTERY SUBSCRIPTION BOX shipped! Yay! I almost thought I had missed out on it but it is happening. I will share about that too, when I get it.

Will post some books soon.




1 comment:

  1. You've got a bunch of fun things to report - love the 'duck' by the way. Is her name Rosa? As in Ruth's duck - I won't share what the duck says - LOL! I'm reading the new LP book too. I'm liking it very much - about halfway through.

    ReplyDelete