Adsense

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Happy 2021! Hallmark and Masterpiece Mysteries

 Gosh it has been a month since I posted. Didn't go anywhere. Quiet holidays. Not sure where the time went. 

Looks like television mysteries are back!

Hallmark

January: Ships in the Night - A Martha's Vineyard Mystery  Sunday January 17th 7 p.m. central

When an art gallery robbery leads to the death of the contemptible gallery manager, former Boston detective Jeff Jackson teams up with local Doctor – and old flame – Dr. Zee Madeiras, to catch the killer. Starring Jesse Metcalfe and Sarah Lind.

February: Crosswords Mysteries - Terminal Descent February 14 at 7 p.m. central

After volunteering to participate in a crossword solving competition with a new supercomputer, crossword puzzle editor Tess Harper finds herself swept into the investigation of the bizarre murder of a tech CEO. Starring Lacey ChabertBrennan ElliottBarbara Niven, and John Kapelos.

Masterpiece on PBS

January:

Miss Scarlet and the Duke Sunday January 17, 7 p.m. central

Six episodes in this new series. clap clap 

Kate Phillips (Peaky Blinders) stars as the headstrong, first-ever female detective in Victorian London, who won’t let any naysayers stand in her way. Stuart Martin (Jamestown) plays her childhood friend and professional colleague Scotland Yard Detective Inspector William Wellington, a.k.a., The Duke.

Eliza Scarlet goes to work as a private detective to get out of debt. Luckily, a family friend is willing to help.

Inside the Mind of Agatha Christie - January 17, 9 p.m. central (check your local PBS station  for this)

A profile of Agatha Christie with access to the author's personal notebooks, letters and diaries as well as never-before-seen documents.

CW

Nancy Drew Season 2 January 20, 8 p.m. central

I did end up liking this show. Not really like the book series, but the characters have the same names as the books. It took on a paranormal twist but I like some of that. I will be watching it.

What about Big Sky you may ask. The t.v. series based on the novel The Highway by C.J. Box. I have not read The Highway, but others have told me the t.v. series is loosely based on the book. I watched the first episode, well half of it. Then I thought, oh maybe I should finish it. I watched some more. Then I said no this is not for me. I stayed quiet about it though. We had our Mystery Book Club meeting soon after that and guess what? Those from the group that has watched it turned it off also. 

Yes I did read a couple of books during the holidays. I will post those soon. 




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me about Miss Scarlet and the Duke. I need to try that one. And, yes, The Highway/Big Sky - nope, not for us either. I think I heard that C.J. Box will have another adaptation of his writing. Here's hoping it's Joe Pickett!

    ReplyDelete