Adsense

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Coming to Hallmark: Diane Mott Davidson's Dying for Chocolate, and Cut, Color Murder

 I am excited about this one. I like all of the Hallmark Mysteries but I used to read Diane Mott Davidson's Goldy Bear series years ago. Lucky for me I caught a commercial for her second book in the series, showing on Hallmark Mysteries

Curious Caterer: Dying for Chocolate

Sunday April 10, 8 p.m. central time

About: "Colorado caterer Goldy Berry teams with detective Tom Schultz to identify the ingredients that led to the mysterious death of her friend — and ends up discovering a hidden recipe for murder. Starring Nikki DeLoach and Andrew Walker."



This series was first published in 1990 with Catering to Nobody. As above, Goldy Bear has a catering business in Colorado. She has a nuisance of an ex husband and if I remember correctly, a child or children. The weather is usually bad. She has a catering van she has to maneuver in the Colorado terrain. Someone usually ends up dead and she tries to find out "who dunnit". 

I have read all but the last two books, I think. I picked up this series as one of my first books when I got back to reading after getting two children past the toddler stage and could read a chapter here and there again. I set up my DVR to record this. The only thing I am noticing already, is Goldy looks fancier than I remember or pictured her in the books. 

Another Hallmark Mystery that was on in February but I missed, is repeating Sunday April 10 at 6 p.m.

Cut, Color, Murder

"When a beauty pageant creator is found dead, a savvy hairdresser works with a detective and risks everything to clear the names of those she loves. Starring Julie Gonzalo and Ryan McPartlin."

I will be watching for more Hallmark Mysteries and let you know as they come up.




1 comment:

  1. I used to read all those Goldy Bear mysteries too. Not sure I every completely finished the series. Yes, I think she looks a little more 'put together' than I remember from the books - ha!

    ReplyDelete