Adsense

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Reading List for 2023

As promised, I am sharing our Mystery Book Club reading list for the first six months of 2023. 

January:

The Plot – Jean Hanff Korelitz

Jean Hanff Korelitz’s The Plot is a psychologically suspenseful novel about a story too good not to steal, and the writer who steals it.


February: The Violin Conspiracy – Brendan N.  Slocumb

A mystery about a Black classical musician whose family heirloom violin is stolen on the eve of the most prestigious classical music competition in the world.



March: The Lost Apothecary – Sarah Penner

A female apothecary secretly dispenses poisons to liberate women from the men who have wronged them - setting three lives across centuries on a dangerous collision course.



April: Conviction – Denise Mina (Anna and Fin book #1)

Conviction is the compelling and unique new thriller from multiple award-winner and author of The Long Drop, Denise Mina.



May: Northern Spy – Flynn Berry

The acclaimed author of Under the Harrow and A Double Life returns with her most thrilling novel to date: the story of two sisters who become entangled with the IRA.


June: Award Nominated/Winning Books of 2023

It's a tradition of the Mystery Book Club to choose a book or two or three that have either won an award in 2023 or is nominated for an award. That gives everyone a chance to choose a book they are excited about and we walk away with a great list of books for us mystery lovers.

We find out books at the website Stop You/re Killing Me. Check it out sooner if you are not familiar with it, It's a great source for all books mystery.

Stop, You're Killing Me! (stopyourekillingme.com)

I will post what the members of the MBC thought about each book after each meeting. Let me know what you think of the books too,

Merry Christmas 
&
Happy New Year all! 



2 comments:

  1. I'm reading The Plot right now and I'll send my thoughts when I finish. I actually own all the rest of the books so I'm ahead in that regard. You picked a good bunch, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! The Plot came in my Strand bookstore subscription last year. I hope they are all pretty good.

    ReplyDelete