Adsense

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

One of my New Year's resolutions is always to read more books? What about you?

I am reading an interesting book in between mysteries I want to tell you about.

A Wilder Rose by Susan Wittig Albert
http://awilderrosethenovel.com/

How many of you started reading as a child with the Little House in the Prairie books by Laura Ingalls Wilder? How many of you knew Laura's daughter Rose actually helped her put the stories to paper?  I didn't. So when I saw A Wilder Rose come out by one of my favorite mystery authors, Susan Wittig Albert (http://susanalbert.com/) about one of my favorite children's series, I grabbed it.

I have always liked biographies also. Ms. Albert wrote this book by reading through diaries and letters of  Laura and Rose. It has many interesting things in it that I bet you never knew.  Rose refers to her Laura as Mama Bess. I had to look that one up because I couldn't figure out why she would call her "Bess." What was Laura like as an adult? How did the books come to be? What was life like for this family when the depression hit?

Although I have not yet finished it (I just started it), I wanted to share it with you. You may want to put it on your 2015 reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment