Adsense

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

How are your New Year's Resolutions going?
Yeah mine either.

I am currently reading The Long Way Home by Louise Penny. This is #10 in the Gamache series.
I was first introduced to this series in my mystery book club. I highly recommend this series.
The series is set in Three Pines Quebec. The main character is Chief Inspector Armand Gamache.
I liken Gamache to Inspector Lewis, if you are familiar with that mystery series on PBS.
I will be reviewing this book soon. Meanwhile, here is Louise Penny's website.
http://www.louisepenny.com/

Also on our mystery book club list for the next couple of months:

The Last Policeman by Ben H. Winters
Natchez Burning by Greg Iles (this book is almost 800 pages so I will be planning a strategy to read this book by April).
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith aka J.K. Rowling

Two other books I hope to fill in between the above are cozies.

Ghostly Paws by Leighann Dobbs: features the ghost of the town librarian and a pet cat -three of my favorite things; libraries, cats and ghosts (in a story, and nice ghosts)

The Corpse Wore Gingham by Ed Lynskey: a new mystery series for E. Lynskey. This book features a retired married couple. The description includes a reference to Pawn Stars (which I get a kick out of) and features a cat. (Did you guess I have cats for pets).

Will be back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment