Adsense

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Real Murders: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery

Real Murders Video



Did any of you catch "Real Murders: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery" on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries over Labor Day?

I confess I had passed some of these up previously and now I am sorry I did.

In this movie, Aurora Teagarden is part of a club that meets monthly to discuss "real murder" cases. They research and debate and have food and have a grand time. Well, one of their group members is murdered hours before the meeting. Her husband is the first suspect, and as time goes on, everyone in the club is suspect. There are more murders of club members and they seem to be mimicking famous murder cases, even some from the turn of the 20th century. Aurora helps to solve the case.

It was really good. Being on Hallmark, it was a cozy so no gruesome murders.

You will recognize the two actors who play two of the main characters: Candace Cameron (from Full House many years ago and younger sister to Kirk Cameron) plays Aurora Teagarden. Aurora's mother is played by Marilu Henner (she was on Taxi a really long time ago). Interesting factoid about Marilu Henner: she has hyperthymesia. Hyperthymesia: condition of possessing an extremely detailed autobiographical memory. For instance, you gave give her a date and she can tell you what she was doing on that date. I saw her demonstrate this on a show and found it fascinating. (I do not have hyperthymesia as I had to go back and forth several times to get the correct spelling).

This movie will be shown again in October and I really recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. How very interesting! I remember reading at least one Aurora Teagarden mystery years ago. I did like Charlaine Harris' Lily Bard books best. And that was before Charlaine started writing the Sookie Stackhouse books and got really, really famous. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I thought for sure I would like the Sookie series and read 1 1/2 and decided I didn't.

    ReplyDelete