Adsense

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Some more fun sites for you

It is getting to be that busy time of year here in the U.S. The holiday season is upon us. Barely came out of Thanksgiving last week, and everyone is running as fast as they can to Christmas. I have scaled back quite a bit these days.

I don't have a book ready to talk about for this week but have a couple in the works. I have found a few more websites/blogs/Facebook groups that I have been having a lot of fun with so I thought I would share them and you can join in.

A few years ago, I asked someone what to get another person for Christmas. He said "Not books. She has a problem with books. She doesn't do her work if she gets started on a book.". Well that's me. I am having a great time looking at these websites/pages, commenting, participating in giveaways, applying to read and review and attend online book parties. hahaha

I don't know how I got to all of these Facebook groups. I think one person commented on one and like potato chips or chocolate, one led to another and another.

Facebook:

1. House of Clues: https://www.facebook.com/groups/houseofcluesgroup/

About: House of Clues is a new author-reader group brought to you by writers connected through Henery Press. A different author will host the conversation daily. We look forward to chatting with you! Note: promo posts are reserved for the authors who’ve created this group." 
Each day a different author posts fun facts about their books, themselves and engages the followers in light conversation. Some of the authors that are members are Julie Mulhern, Cynthia Kuhn, Tonya Kappes, Sybil Johnson, Hallie Ephron and several more that are with Henery Press. 

2. Cozy Mystery Review Crew:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/cozymysteryreview/

About: "Cozy mysteries and advance review copies of cozy mysteries are offered to members for a fair and honest review." 

A book is posted every week (my observation) with the description. You can then submit to read and review. It is a random drawing. 

You can read How it Works and FAQs here:
cozymysteryreview.wix.com/home

I am anxiously awaiting on my first book that I was accepted to review. 

3. The Review Crew: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BookReviewCrew/
About: "The Review Crew exists to offer readers the opportunity to receive free books in exchange for your honest online reviews."

Like The Cozy Mystery Review Crew, books open for review are posted and you submit a form to be chosen to read a book. So far I have seen Historical Mysteries for review. As tempted as I was go submit for one, I have to pace myself.  :)

From both Cozy Mystery Review Crew and The Review Crew: 
" Please keep in mind that we have a zero tolerance policy for folks who accept free books but do not follow through with the review commitment."

4. Sleuthing Women...Read, sleuth, solve, repeat:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/Sleuthingwomanauthorcollective...

About: "...The sleuthing women are a specific group of authors building this collective for mystery readers...We want to be a part of your day and help make it better. This is a fun, happy place focused on mystery books with female sleuths...."

As the description says, each day a different author posts information, comments and conversation.

5. Jungle Red Writers: https://www.facebook.com/jungleredwriters/

About: "Welcome to Jungle Red, a salon of eight mystery writers. Fans of classic films may recognize the name Jungle Red as a tip of the hat to Clare Booth Luce's The Women. Like that eclectic group—we go through our highs and lows, fun and feuds with just an occasional unsheathing of our Jungle Red nails. Join us as we discuss (and occasionally diss) the world of reading, writing, publishing and anything else that strikes our fancy. All you need is an appreciation for a thoughtful turn of a phrase, admiration for a clever twist in a plot—and a sense of humor."

The eight mystery writers are: Rhys Bowen, Deborah Crombie, Roberta Isleib, Hallie Ephron, Hank Phillippi Ryan, Julia Spencer Fleming, Ingrid Throft, and Jenn McKinlay.

Recognize a few? They also have a blog if you don't do Facebook: www.jungleredwriters.com/

I know where I found out about this one. We are going to read books by this group for our Mystery Book Club in February.

Check out these sites. Lots of fun.

Coming soon: Hour of Death by Jane Willan and our MBC favorites of 2018.

Let me leave you with this link I also ran across today.
20 of the Best Historical Mystery Books or They Don't All Have to Be Set in Regency England

https://bookriot.com/2017/11/28/best-historical-mystery-books/




No comments:

Post a Comment