Adsense

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Genetic Detective on ABC

I don't know why I didn't think to mention this t.v. show here.

The Genetic Detective is a true crime television show about cold cases. Sorry, it started two weeks ago, but you can watch the first two episodes on demand. I knew about it from my genealogy group because DNA is used in genealogy and it is a popular topic for genealogists. When I watched the second episode last night - from last week - I realized there may be mystery true crime readers that would like this show.

https://abc.com/shows/the-genetic-detective/about-the-show

It is on Tuesdays (yes tonight) at 9 p.m. cst. A new episode shows tonight and there is one scheduled for next week also. I can't find information on how many episodes there are going to be but it is called Season One.

About:
"ABC News' all-new series, "The Genetic Detective," follows investigative genetic genealogist CeCe Moore as she uses her unique research skills to transform the face of crime solving. By working with police departments and crime scene DNA, Moore is able to trace the path of a violent criminal's family tree to reveal their identity and help bring them to justice."

I have seen CeCe on Finding Your Roots, which is one of the shows that is about tracing your family tree. They feature prominent people such as actors and authors and trace their family trees for them, often finding some very interesting stories. CeCe also helps people find people looking for relatives. I think I have mentioned, genealogy is my other hobby. It certainly is a mystery.

Cece Moore: "CeCe Moore is a genetic genealogist who has appeared as a guest on many TV shows and as a consultant on others such as Finding Your Roots. She has helped law enforcement agencies in identifying suspects in over 50 cold cases in one year using DNA and genetic genealogy."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CeCe_Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment