Adsense

Sunday, June 21, 2020

What I read. What I am going to read and a few "shiny objects".

I finished books 2 and 3 in the Chantilly Adair series by Carolyn Ridder Aspenson, last week.
Ghosts are People Too and Pray for Peace. Both are short, cozy, paranormal mysteries with some pretty humorous characters.

46139423. sy475  50848617. sx318 sy475

I have several "read and reviews" up for the next couple of weeks, and I will tell you how I like them as I finish them. Three are new authors to me. One is the last book in a series by a known author to me.

Broken Windows by Janet Pywell will be the last and final book in the Mikky Dos Santos thriller series.
53946901. sy475

Killing Time by Suzanne Trauth. This is book 6 in the Dodie O'Dell mystery series. New to me. Cozy.
51984812. sy475

Blood Under Cherry Blossoms by T.J. Holz New to me. Says it is a cozy but I don't think so.
53343625. sy475


Death at High Tide by Hannah Dennison. Island Sisters Mystery #1. New to me. Can't go wrong with a cat and a castle looking house on a cliff. Cozy.
51168899. sx318 sy475

Witch this Way by Carolyn Ridder Aspenson Book 2 in A Holiday Hills Witch Cozy Mystery series.
53792845. sy475

Plenty to read, right? Oh I am listening to The Murder List by Hank Phillipi Ryan. A thriller.

41556064. sy475

We had our first official Mystery Book Club meeting over Webex last week. So glad we are able to do this now. No one knows when we will be able to meet in person at the library. They did start curb side check out but they are not open yet. We discussed Where the Crawdads Sing. I think everyone enjoyed the story but some thought it was a little far fetched. But it is a story after all.

I still haven't gone out much. I have been to the grocery store once a week. Got to go over to work and retrieve a few things from our desks, since they are not going to open yet. We are working from home. We had to schedule it, wear a mask, read the info. in the lobby, temperature scan and we had 30 minutes only. No one else there on my floor at the same time. I still kind of forget all this until I walk in the store and everyone has on masks. It actually takes me aback for a minute. So odd not to see a persons whole face. I liked the guy who had a t-shirt partially pulled over his head but covering his nose and mouth and then part of the top of his head, like he was putting it on and then stopped. He did have a shirt on his upper body too. Anyway it was comical but it worked.

I was looking for something of a certain height to set my cat's food dishes on and found I had all of these books in a book shelf. SHINY OBJECTS. I had to look at them all and forgot about the cat dishes I set up on the counter. I am thinking I want to read several of these stories after I finish the above. Did you say "Yeah right?" lol I used to subscribe to Readers's Digest - condensed book selections,  and I saved these I guess. Lots of good mysteries there.


Happy to have plenty to read to escape from all the things going on. That's why many of us read so much, right?






No comments:

Post a Comment