Adsense

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Murder She Baked: A Chocolate Chip Cookie Mystery

You may recognize the title from the book The Chocolate Chip Cookie Mystery by Joanna Fluke.

Just wanted to let you know that Hallmark Movies and Mysteries is showing this, this month. I watched it this past weekend and loved it. It stars Allison Sweeney (I remember her as the host of Biggest Loser, but she has actually done movies since she was a young girl) and Cameron Mathison.



"This freshly baked new murder mystery introduces Hannah Swensen (Alison Sweeney), a creative and bubbly baker extraordinaire in a sleepy town in Minnesota, where everyone knows each other and secrets don’t stay hidden for long. Hannah’s bakeshop, the Cookie Jar, is where much of the town's gossip percolates along with the strong coffee. But after she finds her good friend and delivery driver shot dead in the alley behind her shop, Hannah’s idyllic world is turned upside down.
Based on the novel by Joanne Fluke, "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder,"

It was great! Commercials (boooo) said they will be showing "The Plum Pudding Murder" also by Joanna Fluke during the "holiday season." I was wondering if they meant 4th of July or summer season but I don't suppose so.

I recorded it so I could pass over the commercials. Also showing was The Garage Sale Mysteries by Suzie Weinert and The Gourmet Detective by Peter King. 

If you are not familiar with the Hallmark channel, they also run oldies but real goodies such as Murder She Wrote and Columbo. That is how I stumbled on these, watching Murder She Wrote this weekend.

Here you go!
http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't realized that Hallmark was making more movies based on mysteries. Trying to remember if I actually read any of this series. I'm thinking no. It's a long running series though. Kind of funny that Alison Sweeney is in a movie about a woman with a bake shop. After The Biggest Loser, I mean. She was on a soap as well - The Young and the Restless maybe.

    ReplyDelete