Adsense

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Ramblings

Just some rambling topics of interest (maybe):

Took a ride out west of us and saw tons of wild flowers along the roadside for miles. In places it was a sea of yellow and others a sea of red. I have some of these on the side of my yard this year too. Easy to grow, they don't care about the weather much and low maintenance.
 
 
This is growing at the back of some property in San Angelo Texas. Pride of Barbados I think. Not fully opened.
 
If you ever go through San Angelo, I recommend lunch or dinner at the Cork and Pig Tavern. They have great pizza - hard to find in Texas. They also have great salads, my favorite being an heirloom tomato and mozzarella in the summer. They didn't have that yet. Also homemade tortilla chips and queso with chunks of sausage and peppers. Not a place to go if you are on a diet that day.
corkandpig.com
 

 
 
Came home from our day trip to see our latest baby birds getting ready to leave. They haven't left yet but I think they will soon.

Hoping to get lots of reading done this week on my "staycation".
 



1 comment:

  1. Oh that salad with the tomatoes and mozzarella looks so good! We go that direction when we drive to Ruidoso and happily we'll be doing that in the summer. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete