Adsense

Friday, January 3, 2020

Hallmark Mysteries and Movies, A Crossword Puzzle and Nancy Drew

The mysteries are back on Hallmark Mysteries and Movies. YAY!

First up Sunday January 5, 8 p.m. CST
Crossword Mysteries: Abracadaver

A well-known magician drops dead in the middle of a dangerous trick on stage in front of a packed audience, but when the sudden death turns out to be murder, New York Sentinel Crosswords editor (and part-timer sleuth) Tess Harper (Chabert) and NYPD detective Logan O’Connor (Elliott) team up to discover exactly whose sleight of hand is behind the deadly “now you see him, now you don’t” stunt. Together, they must uncover the not-so-obvious clues and work their investigative magic to bring a killer to justice. Starring: Lacey Chabert, Brennan Elliott and Barbara Niven  

You can download a crossword puzzle goes with this movie here:
https://cdn.crownmediadev.com/2b/b1/f1f352514dc1b615a112460cc2a2/crossword-mysteriesabracadevar-final.pdf
It is on the Hallmark website under the title of this movie/crossword. Many of the clues are in the movie and they will post the answers January 7.

Sunday January 12, 8 p.m. CST
A Beautiful Place to Die: A Martha's Vineyard Mystery
This is a brand new movie/series starring Jesse Metcalf and Sara Lind.

After being forced into early retirement, former detective Jeff Jackson returns to a quiet life on Martha's Vineyard. Quiet, at least, until a body washes up and he's drawn back into crime solving. Stars Jesse Metcalfe, Sarah Lind

January 19, 8 pm. CST
Roux the Day: A Gourmet Detective Mystery 

Henry and Maggie find themselves in a murder mystery where secrets hidden within a treasured recipe book have dire consequences for all who own it. Starring Dylan Neal and Brooke Burns.  

To see more about all three movies, click here: https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/      

I sometimes am able to add pictures but the HM website is fussy or else my computer is, so sorry no pics.    

OK did you watch the Nancy Drew series on CW this past fall? I know. When I watched the first episode, I thought I wasn't going to like it and from the feedback I saw in book groups, others didn't think much of it either. What have they done with Nancy Drew and her all American, apple pie eating, record playing friends?  But I gave it a chance and watch the next episode then the next and got hooked on it. Forget the original books and watch it for what it is - a modern day adaptation. I really liked it. If you didn't watch it or gave up too soon, I saw you can watch the episodes on the CW website.

My only complaint is that the actor that plays Nancy's father, Carson Drew, seems too young. Scott Wolf is the actor. Anyhow, it returns...

Wednesday January 15 at 8 pm. CST



Here is the website: nancydrewtv.com

I will let you go now and set up your DVRs.




1 comment:

  1. I did not watch the Nancy Drew show. I suspect I wouldn't have liked it, but if I see it available I might try it. Scott Wolf does seem too young - ha!

    ReplyDelete