Adsense

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The House Beneath the Oak Trees by Faye Belle

What a good spooky, creepy ghost story. I listened to this book as an audio book which added to it's spookiness.

36988609. sy475

About: "Penny couldn’t believe her luck when they first arrived at Oak Tree House, the grand country estate where she would be spending the week to celebrate her sister’s 30th birthday along with her mum and aunt. Guarded by two gigantic oak trees, the empty house stands alone within Oakdene, a quiet and desolate village. She ignores her mischievous aunt as she jokingly tries to convince them that their rented apartment is haunted the moment they step foot inside. Always rational, Penny tries to place logical explanations to unexplainable events that start occurring from the very first day. When these encounters become more and more frequent, and more terrifying, Penny cannot avoid it anymore. Someone, or something, is staying in the apartment with them and Penny needs to find out what it is and more importantly, what it wants from her?"

This is a ghost story, a haunted house story that gets scarier and grittier as it goes on. I thought it was a very gripping and creepy tale. If you like scary stories, I highly recommend this one. The narrator was very good and you could feel the fear Penny was experiencing and the fear and desperation of Mary and Agatha. The horror and evil of the doctor was definitely projected also. Interesting ending...the kind of story that could be told around a campfire. This would make a really good movie, but I am not sure I would be able to watch it.

About Faye Belle: 

"It has always been my dream to write a book for as long as I can remember and I finally decided to put my pen to paper early 2016. I decided to self publish, admittedly because I received several rejection letters from the big literacy agents, but I am now grateful for all those 'sorry you're not suitable emails' and I am glad I chosen this route.

Being an indie writer has made me learn a lot about the publishing process and after physically finishing the writing at the end of 2016, it has taken nearly a year to complete the editing, formatting and publishing side of the process. I have had to switch between being creative and looking at my book from a business point of view. Self publishing is hard, and I am still learning, however I believe it has been the most rewarding part of the process! I've seen my book be transformed from a story into a novel and I am thrilled I've played such an active role in this.

The House Beneath the Oak Trees (THBTOT) is a spine tingling ghost story...I love to be scared. I grew up hearing ghost stories, watching scary films and reading Stephen King so when the idea of THBTO came into my mind, I knew this was my debut novel!!

Aside from writing, I absolutely adore reading and have an active bookstagram page - Faye_belle_writes where I share my love for books. Currently I am reading a mixture of the classics and new releases. Just finished reading Little Women and I am devastated that its over!!

I live in Kent with my fiancé where I spend my time working (haven't given up my day job yet) and walking through the countryside!"

No comments:

Post a Comment